With all of its incredible health benefits, ginger is definitely an underrated food. Although it may be pretty spicy to the pallet at first, there are plenty of reasons why you should just grin and bear it. Here, we'll explain why you should be eating more ginger. We will also give you a suggestion as to how you can incorporate it into your daily diet with our Waiakea Ginger Water recipe (just short of gnawing on the root itself). It's delicious, refreshing, and more importantly, really good for you.
So, why ginger? A part from being an age-old remedy for seasickness, there are some noteworthy health benefits in this spicy root.
Why You Should Be Eating More Ginger
- Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body. This in turn promotes a strong and healthy immune system.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is a response by the body when it's under stress or is sick.
- Ginger promotes healthy digestion.
- Ginger works to create healthy microcirculatory channels of the body, including our sinuses!
- Ginger can help fire up a suppressed appetite and get those digestive juices working.
- Lastly, ginger is an incredible detoxifier.
Waiakea Ginger Water
Get your daily dose of ginger in this easy-to-prepare Waiakea Ginger Water. Because of its high pH of 8.8, Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water is alkalizing and contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, and silica, all of which are minerals that have numerous health benefits themselves.
Waiakea Ginger Water will give your immune system a boost and help in detoxifying any impurities or toxins.
- Wash and cut off 1 inch of fresh ginger root.
- Pour 1 liter of Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic into a jug or jar.
- If you want to add more "zip", cut a few lemon and orange wedges, and place in the jug of water with the ginger.
- Allow to sit for at least 3 hours so that the ginger can infuse.
- Enjoy! Huli pau!