Malama I Ka 'Āina
Malama I Ka 'Āina means to respect and care for the land. Native Hawaiians believe that we are responsible for protecting and conserving the environment and its resources through sustainable practices. Waiākea takes this responsibility seriously.
The Mauna Loa slopes feeding our aquifer capture over 200 inches of pure water each year, converting into a daily sustainable yield of 393 million gallons per day. However, we only bottle less than 0.003% of this.
- 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today
- Takes 60 days to go from recycling bin to store shelves
- Recycling aluminum saves about 95% of the energy it takes to make new aluminum
- Each bottle can be refilled 100+ times
- With each refill, you’re saving the equivalent carbon emissions of 2 miles of drivingBuy Now
100% Recycled Bottles
Waiākea is one of the only bottled waters to use high-grade 100% rPET, or post-consumer recycled PET. In comparison to regular virgin plastic bottles, these recycled bottles: use 85% less energy to manufacture, use 99% less water, and reduce carbon emissions by 79%.
From source to sip, Waiākea is certified CarbonNeutral with projects supporting electrification, conservation, and reforestation. We are committed to transforming the beverage and greater CPG industry by way of a technology-forward approach that sets the highest standard possible when it comes to carbon emissions reductions.