Hey guys! Full body workouts are amazing at getting your heart rate to hit the roof, and to feel balanced and tight all over -- the perfect workout to get summer-ready fast! Here are some of my favorite go-to exercises that target more than one area AND use all the major muscle groups in the body. I can confidently say that this workout will have you drenched in no time, don't you worry. The effects of HIIT circuits (high intensity interval training) ensure that your body is still burning fat even after you have finished your workout. I firmly believe that intensity does in fact matter when it comes to exercise. The more intense the movement is, the greater the benefit will be post-exercise. It's important to note that in order to get the most out of each exercise, you want to be sure you have the correct form, so read the instructions carefully! You're going to look bangin' if you can set 15 minutes aside everyday to do these exercises effectively. Are you ready to crush it?
- Start on your hands and knees and then step your feet back to create a full body extension.
- Engage the core by drawing your belly button up towards the spine while you squeeze your butt and inner thighs together.
- Ensure that the body is in a straight line from head to heels--don't let the hips sag down or let your butt stick up in the air! This also means keeping the shoulders relaxed and away from the ears.
- Hold and engage for 1 minute.
- Push the hips back and bend at the knees to lower into a squat position.
- Place the hands just in front of the feet and transfer your weight into them as you jump the feet back into a high plank position. Try to land softly on the balls of the feetw. It is important that the body is in a straight line from head to heels so be mindful of your form.
- Do a push-up. Start by bending at the elbow and hovering the chest just above the floor while maintaining a straight line from head to heels. Then, push back up into high plank.
- Jump the feet forward toward the hands.
- Explosively jump up into the, air raising the hands overhead in a burpee.
- Attempt to land softly and immediately lower back down into a squat and continue to the next rep.
- Repeat 10X.
*To modify: you can exclude the push-up in #3 and/or step the feet back and forward instead of jumping in #2 and #4.
MOUNTAIN CLIMBER PUSHUPS
- Begin in a high plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Maintain a straight line from head to heels, and engage the core drawing your belly button towards your spine.
- Bring the knee towards the chest and across toward the opposite elbow while engaging the core.
- Alternate legs for 10 reps followed by a push-up.
- Repeat 5X (50 runs and 5 push-ups)
- Get into a lunge position with your left foot forward and your right foot back, keeping your knees at a 90 degree angle. Ensure your chest stays open and that your head is up in a neutral position.
- Pushing the front heel off the ground, jump up with both feet and alternate legs landing softly in a lunge position so your right foot is forward and your left foot is back. Essentially, switch legs in a running motion while maintaing the lunge.
- Repeat 20X